Research in China
We help western brands like yours localize your experiences and optimize your ecommerce sales in China.
Ecommerce user experiences unique to China are driving innovation and sales
We use UX research to help you localize your ecommerce experiences in China
Understand how your target Chinese customers are purchasing
- Marketplaces such as Taobao, Tmall and JD dominate the marketplace and are often a first stepping stone into ecommerce in China
- WeChat mini programs are small apps built within the WeChat app, with multiple points of access including being linked to a brands official WeChat account
- Livestreaming is being integrated into most ecommerce platforms as it continues to successfully drive sales
- Short video apps are becoming the most used entertainment apps in China, attracting the most advertising money and seeing ecommerce integrated directly into videos
- Social commerce is booming in China with platforms such as Little Red Book using user-generated content as a stepping stone to sales
- Group buying has seen a surge with platforms like Pinduoduo, blending social and group buying to get discounted products
- The use of KOL's are widely used in product marketing as a means to build trust, often paired with social commerce and live streaming
- Shopping holidays such as 11.11 (Double eleven / 11th November) continue to break records for sales revenue every year
Using UX research we help identify which of these channels is ideal for your brand and ecommerce strategy in China, who are your users, and how to design meaningful ecommerce experiences for them that lead to more sales of your products.
The size of China's online retail market is enough of a reason to want to enter your products or platforms. China has the most consumers who are spending more online.
But unlike the west, the majority of online sales is done on major ecommerce platforms. This means that entering the China market can require patience and a unique strategy.
With ease of entry, quick payment methods and social functions, WeChat mini programs are fast becoming a popular method to reach and sell to customers directly.
Our ecommerce case studies
We help LVMH brands understand how to improve user experiences of brand ecommerce apps and WeChat mini programs, and how to increase conversions of their Tmall and JD stores.
We helped The Hut Group optimize their existing ecommerce platforms in China, while getting a better understanding of their users needs and their shopping behaviours.
Ecommerce UX research & design solutions to drive more sales in China
Localize your ecommerce apps and websites
Enter the Chinese market with confidence. We help you localize your ecommerce UX in China through expert reviews, usability testing, and UX benchmarking to ensure what works for you already, works in China.
Optimize ecommerce consumer funnels
Already selling in China? Increase your conversions and optimize your consumer funnel using UX research. We use usability testing, focus groups, and expert reviews to ensure every step of your user's journey is performing.
WeChat mini program store design
WeChat mini programs in China now have over 400 million daily active users, and form a crucial part of omnichannel ecommerce experiences for brands in China. Our design and tech team builds powerful WeChat stores.
Validate marketing and advertising messaging
Before spending money on marketing and advertising campaigns, make sure your branding and messaging is resonating with your target customers in China using focus groups and user interviews to validate concepts.
Drive cross-border ecommerce sales
Chinese consumers are sophisticated, with western products presenting trust, quality and safety. Understand which channels they use, how they decide what to buy and why, in user interviews and focus groups.
Get a quote for your project
Let's start a conversation. Share your project details and our team can put together a quote within 48 hours. email@example.com
Wrapping up a busy year at UX Spot our Research Director, Samuel Jesse was invited on The China Startup Pulse podcast to discuss UX best practices and product localization in China with host Oscar Romas from China Accelerator.Continue reading
Don’t miss out on future China UX research insights
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter.