How China’s tier cities affect UX research？
China UX insight 101
Jan 3, 2021
- People in different tiers of cities have their own distinctive buying habits & user behavior.
- Users are considered more sophisticated and having higher expectations of products in higher tier cities.
People from Tier 1 & 2 cities are becoming more rational in terms of purchases.
- These people have higher income levels, but the cost of living is also rocket high in their cities.
People from Tier 3, 4 & 5 cities are more willing & able to make purchases due to the lower costs of living.
- They are buying more & more imported fruits, beauty & skincare products and electronic products.
- Users from Tier 3 & 4 cities spend more time on the phone than higher tier cities.
1. Tik Tok is much more popular in Tier 3 cities than in other tiers.
2. Young people in Tier 3 and lower cities spend much more on beauty products.
3. Tier 3 city luxury consumers spend more on luxury products than those in high city tiers.
UXSPOT is a user research facility in Shanghai. We run usability testing, focus group interviews, user interviews, UX & co-design workshops for the worlds leading companies in our custom built user experience lab in China.
Jan 3, 2021
Don’t miss out on future China UX research insights
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter.